Monday, June 14, 2010

Excursion: Juneau



When cruising, one must consider exactly what to do during the time in spent port. This can be challenging because of the amount of things there are to do in port, but we narrowed it down quickly. Each couple will be trying something new in Juneau, our first port.

When we arrive in Juneau, Mike and  I are planning on getting our adventure on by going on a heli glacier trek. After landing on the glacier via helicopter, we'll learn the proper use of the gear and learn about the glacier features. There may be some caves involved on this two hour hike and I've read that you get to drink the glacier water which sounds really interesting! We researched the best in the area and found that North Star Trekking is widely known as the best! I'm curious what it will be like wearing crampons on our boots (spikes that make it easier to walk on ice). Pics from this excursion are sure to be amazing!

During this time, Maria & Enrique will be going on a whalewatching/wildlife quest. I will be sure to post pics of their time spent looking at the beautiful animals found in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment